Fort Point Lighthouse -- Maine
The Fort Point Light is located in Maine's 120-acre (49 ha) Fort Point State Park. The park is located on Fort Point, a small peninsula running eastward from Cape Jellison, at the entrance to the Penobscot River. The station was established in 1837 and was the first river light in Maine. It was automated in 1988 and remains an active aid to navigation.
The light's fourth order fresnel lens is one of only eight fresnel lenses still in use in Maine. The original fog signal, a 1,200-pound (540 kg) cast iron bell suspended on a pyramidal tower built in 1890, is still visible today, although it has been replaced by a fog horn in the same building
lighthouselight houseMaineMEFort Point Lighthouse